Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Silk Naturals Review
I placed an order with Silk Naturals for 5 lipsticks and they arrived soon after. I've had them for a few months now, so these are my thoughts!


I ordered..

The Upside:

  • They come in thinner tubes than I usually see, which I found to be really nice because they allow for more precise application for me.
  • The packaging is attractive. 
  • Great pigmentation and good staying power. They're pretty creamy too.
  • At $5.75 per tube, they're very inexpensive for the quality.
  • If you spend $35, you get a free full-sized eyeshadow or lip balm, and while I can't vouch for the lip balms, the eye shadows are wonderful.
  • These colors are vegan, so they don't contain carmine.
Just Stuff: 
  • While I really like the label being plastic because it doesn't stain, it does sort of scratch away with frequent use. You can sort of see this on my "Lois" tube.
  • It was hard to wash the swatch off my arm, which I guess means the pigmentation has great staying power, but I also can see how that could make it stain.
The Downside: 
  • I can't think of any.
Verdict: I think I've placed 3 orders so far, and I intend to keep placing them.
Pretty packaging. 





Lois is described as  "a creamy nudish MLBB pink color with a hunt of subtle shimmer and full coverage." This may be my favorite lip color of all that I own. The swatch is a better photo for the color than the lip photo. It's a warm, bright pink that's versatile enough to wear with just about anything without being overwhelming.


Negligee is described as a "clone of MAC's Velvet Teddy. It's a slightly warmer peachy carmel color- very nude, very J. Lo or Angelina Jolie." It's a very pretty nude color, but I agree that it would look better on someone with a darker complexion. It still is pretty for paler complexions, though. 


Sheena is the other lipstick which I feel photographed better on the swatch than on the lip photo.  It's described as a "deeper nude brown with a little reddish plum in it. Full coverage, with just a little bit of sparkle," and I think that description matches it perfectly. It's a great evening color.


Rapturous is described as a "lovely muted cool-toned rose with a hint of brown."  It's similar to Sheena, but less plum and more red. I sort of conceptualized it as a toned-down version of Bombshell.  It's another great evening color. 




Bombshell is described as "RED. Really really red." This is frankly a great description of it. It's very intense. I honestly haven't found the right occasion for this one just yet, but it's a beautiful shade. Sure makes me feel fancy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment